Welcome to My Optus Community. Tell us what you think about our products and services, read answers and advice from other Optus customers or Optus staff, ask questions about Optus products – in short, join the conversation and help grow our Optus community forum. The Optus forums are for you, so Join now and be part of the community.
Business customers, join the conversation on our Business forum.

Occasional Contributor
solidice

iPhone 5 - 12 month contracts

Has anyone received a proper answer as to whether or not Optus will be doing 12 month contracts for the iPhone 5? Optus stores have told me that 12 month contracts will NOT be made available. When I have called up Optus directly they have told me that there no is news regarding this.

I just think it would a shame to leave Optus after 15 years because they refuse to do 12 month contracts for the iPhone 5.

Please use plain text.
Andy

Re: iPhone 5 - 12 month contracts

Hey solidice, at this time we currently don't have 12 month contracts available for iPhone 5 online. I suggest checking in store or speaking to telesales on Friday.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adsis1

Sooo on the Optus website under terms and conditions of the iPhone5 plans it mentions... that the plan is available for 12 or 24months.... BUT no option to pre-order 12 month plans...
Now i read another user here on the forum who has pre-ordered a 12month plan via the customer service line....

Can we have this cleared up PLEASE!? Am i going to be able to go instore friday morning and choose a 12month plan for an iPhone 5!???

Regards,

Loyal Optus customer!

12monthOPTION

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
solidice

Having just been on the phone with Optus AGAIN. It seems as though 12 month plans will be available, but that Optus was not permitting the 12 month contracts on the pre-orders, basically ensuring that customers are locked in for 24 months if they went the phone ASAP. Long story short if you want to get the phone quick you had to lock yourself in to a 2 year contract.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adsis1

Shifty!...

weLL heres to lining up at your local Optus store Friday morning... :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
solidice

I decided to call Optus today to hopefully obtain a proper answer regarding 12 month contracts, after being transferred between 4 people and being on the phone for 1 hour ad 42 minutes, I was hung up on.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yinyang

I decided to cancel my per-order for the 12 month contract today and try out Telstra, though the main reason is to take advantage of real 4G in Brisbane, which Optus isn't covering until early next year. funnily enough though, trying to cancel a pre-order that I thought was in their system took even longer than trying to pre-order it in the first place!!! And then I find out that nothing had been processed anyway so I'd have been waiting until who knows when for my pre-order! But knowing my luck , once I port over to Telstra, I bet an Optus iPhone5 will appear on my doorstep lol!!

Bit off a shame really as I've been with Optus for around 13 years for mobile, and almost as long for Internet (in the good old days when 9600 baud rate dial up was really fast!!) - I've never had too many awful customer experiences in general, though you'd think that Optus (& Telstra) would be able to get their act togther for the 4th big iPhone release. I do feel for the staff that do end up bearing the brunt of customer ire, and I realize that it isn't easy dealing with crazy iPhone people on a yearly basis. But  if some forward planning was done now for iPhone 6, there maybe less churn in arond 12 months time.

/rant

Please use plain text.