• Broadband, Telephony & TV
  • Broadband & Telephony
TJU
Occasional Visitor Occasional Visitor
Member since 19th Sep 2012
1 Post
Accepted Solution

Does Optus support IMAP for email accounts?

Does Optus support IMAP on its broadband Internet service?  I'd like to be able to sync emails between my iPad and mac, and it does not seem possible on POP3, only on IMAP.  But it's not clear if Optus provides or supports IMAP on email accounts.

Solution
Ian
Moderator Moderator
Member since 19th Dec 2011
2,346 Posts

Re: Does Optus support IMAP for email accounts?

We do :smileyhappy: You can use the same login & server information as a POP setup.

Missy30
Occasional Visitor Occasional Visitor
Member since 3rd Feb 2013
1 Post

What settings do you use for an IMAP account? Does this then synch all your products (phone, iPad and computer) email?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Melissa.
Ian
Moderator Moderator
Member since 19th Dec 2011
2,346 Posts

Missy30 wrote:
What settings do you use for an IMAP account? Does this then synch all your products (phone, iPad and computer) email?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Melissa.

Hey Melissa - you can use the same settings, mail.optusnet.com.au to setup IMAP on your devices.

Basically, mail will be stored on the server and shown on your device when checking. When you delete on the device it'll delete from the server too. Best to keep a close eye on what you have stored as at the moment the quota for mail stored on the server is 50MB.

griff
New Contributor New Contributor
Member since 8th May 2013
3 Posts

Hi,

The email app I am using on my phone requires the imap port number and not just the server. What port should I use?

Thanks.

aileeneccles
Member since 21st Jan 2014
2 Posts

What is the server information ? I have a new laptop with windows 8 and it is asking me for incoming IMAP email server and outgoing SMTP email server
aileeneccles
Member since 21st Jan 2014
2 Posts

What is the server information for IMAP ? I have a new laptop with windows 8 and to set up my email it is asking me for Incoming IMAP email server and outgoing SMTP email server

sage
Member since 6th Feb 2014
3 Posts

The IMAP settings for ALLLL other internet companies are different to their POP3 settings ... So I highly doubt, and I know it to be true, that the settings are NOT the same for IMAP as they are for POP3! ... Typical vague tech support that just skims over peoples questions without reading even half of it!

Waste of time! ... No wonder people change over to Telstra or many of the other countless CHEAPER internet providers who offer better prices, more allowances, and better service!
sage
Member since 6th Feb 2014
3 Posts

I wouldn't bother waiting for a reply! ... They are useless!

I've seen other topic threads, that reflect to THIS thread suggesting that it has a solution!!!! ... They've given you no answers at all of how to setup an IMAP account! ... Totally useless they are!

Change to Telstra or one of the other cheaper local alternatives!
Liski
Contributor Contributor
Member since 28th Sep 2013
33 Posts

aileeneccles,

I'm not sure why you're wasting "your" time as the information you need are clearly available on the OptusNet Help & Support site.

Source: http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51
Did You Know?

You can SMS ‘menu’ to 9999 to find out your account balance, due date, notify us of a recent payment, request a payment extension + lots more! There’s lots of options for Pre-Paid customers too ;) It’s super easy to use

Users Online
Currently online: 3 members   |   12 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: