• Broadband, Telephony & TV
  • Broadband & Telephony
JenJen
Occasional Visitor Occasional Visitor
Member since 13th Mar 2013
1 Post
Accepted Solution

How do I change my Optus email settings from POP to IMAP?

Optus have just helped me set up my email on a blackberry but it's stopped downloading my emails on my laptop.  I guess this is because I haven't set up the IMAP account (previous threads being read and used for info!).  I'm not so sure on how to do this...on my laptop I use Outlook.  I don't want to lose any emails.  Any advice appreciated!

Tom
RetiredModerator RetiredModerator
Member since 7th Sep 2012
2,027 Posts

Re: How do I change my Optus email settings from POP to IMAP?

Hi JenJen, if you visit this post, I believe that will answer your question and assist to set it up - let us know how you go! Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

sage
New Contributor New Contributor
Member since 6th Feb 2014
3 Posts

You full of cr*& ... The post you've linked to has CLEARLY not read the original persons question! ... They have CLEARLY asked for the actually settings! ... WHICH they were NOOOOT given!

Geez ... Typical tech support, brushing things off all the time!

READ the questions better!

You guys are pathetic! ... I'm gonna recommend everyone change to Telstra!
Liski
Contributor Contributor
Member since 28th Sep 2013
36 Posts

sage,

Instead of non helpful reply and name calling you could of easily provided JenJen some assistance.

JenJen,

Head over to the Optus Help & Support site which has the settings and at the end of the page a link to another page on how to set up various programs/devices.

http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51
Solution
g_b_hall
Occasional Visitor Occasional Visitor
Member since 18th Mar 2014
1 Post

[ Edited ]

Hmph, the information is out there on the web - just not on the Optus site!

The problem appears to be whether you have (or want) SSL-type security turned on.

In all the Optus info, I could NOT find the SSL port settings.

I found this at http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/6egqj-optus-email-address-receive-emails-computer-i-pad.html...

SVITExperts :
The default port for POP3 SSL is 995 (incoming). IMAP SSL is 993.
The default port for SMTP SSL is 465 (outgoing).                         {My comment: works for IMAP too}
SSL is on for security for the ports for both incoming and outgoing mail servers.

When you DON'T have security, the POP3/SMTP ports are 110 and 25.

Hope this helps someone!

Users Online
Currently online: 1 member   |   45 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: