Welcome to My Optus Community. Tell us what you think about our products and services, read answers and advice from other Optus customers or Optus staff, ask questions about Optus products – in short, join the conversation and help grow our Optus community forum. The Optus forums are for you, so Join now and be part of the community.
Business customers, join the conversation on our Business forum.

New Contributor
stevans

Prepaid mobile internet usage

Hi all,
Just querying the usage of data on my prepaid plan. What is the 'oz data off peak' that comes up on 'internet browsing' under my usage?

Also i suspect my data is being reported wrong, it states i visited youtube about ten times today across different times but i only opened it once today (yes i closed the app afterwards).

Im getting all this info from the 'my optus' app.
Please use plain text.
Esther

Re: Prepaid mobile internet usage

Hi stevans, on our older Prepaid rateplans some data partions were classified as peak and off-peak and different allowances were included as part of a recharge.

Do you know what rate plan you're on?

Best to check your YouTube settings and apps for any auto-updates or push data as this would contribute to constant data traffic.

If you're concerend about the amount of data you're using have a look at our new plans here. They include generous data & call allowances :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevans

Nope not on an old plan, its the prepaid social 4g. Ill check on the youtube thing though, thanks :-)
Please use plain text.
Andy

Thanks for the info stevans! Let us know how it goes and if we need to check into this further for you!

Please use plain text.