• Mobile Products & Network
  • Mobile
stevans
New Contributor New Contributor
Member since 21st Oct 2013
2 Posts

Prepaid mobile internet usage

Hi all,
Just querying the usage of data on my prepaid plan. What is the 'oz data off peak' that comes up on 'internet browsing' under my usage?

Also i suspect my data is being reported wrong, it states i visited youtube about ten times today across different times but i only opened it once today (yes i closed the app afterwards).

Im getting all this info from the 'my optus' app.
Esther
Moderator Moderator
Member since 3rd Jan 2013
773 Posts

Re: Prepaid mobile internet usage

Hi stevans, on our older Prepaid rateplans some data partions were classified as peak and off-peak and different allowances were included as part of a recharge.

Do you know what rate plan you're on?

Best to check your YouTube settings and apps for any auto-updates or push data as this would contribute to constant data traffic.

If you're concerend about the amount of data you're using have a look at our new plans here. They include generous data & call allowances :smileyhappy:

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

stevans
New Contributor New Contributor
Member since 21st Oct 2013
2 Posts

Nope not on an old plan, its the prepaid social 4g. Ill check on the youtube thing though, thanks :-)
Andy
Online Community Manager Online Community Manager
Member since 16th Jan 2012
2,099 Posts

Thanks for the info stevans! Let us know how it goes and if we need to check into this further for you!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Did You Know?

You can SMS ‘menu’ to 9999 to find out your account balance, due date, notify us of a recent payment, request a payment extension + lots more! There’s lots of options for Pre-Paid customers too ;) It’s super easy to use

Users Online
Currently online: 11 members   |   62 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: