• Mobile Products & Network
  • Optus 3G Home Zone
Jimmy
Moderator Moderator
Member since 13th Jan 2012
11 Posts

What is Optus Home Zone?

[ Edited ]

We often get questions about our Home Zone product with people asking, what it is & what does it do, so we’ve put together this post to help people understand what our Home Zone product is all about.

HZ.jpg

Home Zone is basically a mini mobile base station that connects to your home fixed broadband, and increases the coverage of your Optus 3G Mobile or 3G Optus Mobile Broadband, with up to 5 bars of 3G coverage across a 30 metre radius of the device.

So in short, Home Zone boosts your indoor mobile coverage :smileywink:

To get it connected is easy & if you think you need an indoor coverage boost at home, you can check whether you’re eligible for Home Zone here!

Some other common questions our team gets asked:

If I’ve got Home Zone, is it going to chew through my fixed broadband data?

The answer to that question is it uses a bit of data, but it doesn’t chew through it :smileytongue: It uses approximately 1GB per month but that’s a drop in the ocean with Fixed Broadband plans these days. Plus, if your fixed broadband is with Optus, any data it uses is unmetered!

Will Home Zone work with all types of broadband?

Your connection needs to have a minimum download speed of 1 Mbps and we recommend an upload speed of at least 256 kbps. If you’re unsure of how fast your home broadband is - give it a test here.

Can my family members and friends use my Home Zone when they visit?

Yes! You can have up to 11 Optus services added to your Home Zone approved list and when you want to add or remove numbers, you can easily do this through ‘My Account’.

Have any more questions? Check out our FAQs page.

More info about our Home Zone plans can be seen here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Did You Know?

You can SMS ‘menu’ to 9999 to find out your account balance, due date, notify us of a recent payment, request a payment extension + lots more! There’s lots of options for Pre-Paid customers too ;) It’s super easy to use

Users Online
Currently online: 1 member   |   27 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: